Thursday, August 12, 2010

My own knowledge transfer during transition

The term 'walking the talk' has taken on a whole new, and powerful, meaning for me. For the past 16 years, I've helped companies in transition identify and transfer business critical knowledge.

Now, it's my turn.

I have brought a number of new people into the fold here at KLHagen, including two new associates (well not exactly 'new' but more about that later), two talented consultants and a fantastic business manager. What does that mean for the business?

It means increased capacity, expanded competencies and capabilities and enhanced service offerings. KLHagen is moving forward.

What it means for me personally is that I must walk the talk. It means I am in the process of identifying and transferring my tacit knowledge about tacit knowledge transfer. 16 years worth of processes, ideas, learning, experiences, insights, hints, tips, thought processes, alternatives, watch outs, success criteria, rationale...I think you get the picture.

And, it's very good for me.

I chose experienced people with strong backgrounds and their own unique, critical and relevant competencies and areas of expertise. I know they are open-minded learners who stand in curiosity while applying all of the years of experience they bring on board to make excellent decisions for our clients. All that being said, I still had to consider how to share the deep experience and expertise these years have brought me.

I will give you an overview of that process in upcoming blogs and provide my own insights as I walk my talk. And, I will introduce you to my new colleagues.

Life ensures we keep learning lessons and getting better at what we do...as long as we are present and authentically show up for the learning. I'm blessed to have such great people to work along side and with on this journey.

No comments: